We are currently looking for an ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, UNDERWRITING, REGULAR GROUPS to join our Montreal team. If you are ready to think outside the box, recognized for your management skills and want to work in a fast-growing and stimulating environment, this job is made for you!
Join a certified Remarkable Employer, as recognized by our own employees! According to our team, AGA Benefit Solutions is synonymous with:
- An employer that keeps its commitments to its employees and clients;
- Visionary, dynamic and skilled leaders;
- A friendly and respectful team that is eager to maintain an excellent working atmosphere.
To apply, please fill out the form below and send it with your resume before November 28th, 2022.
Reporting to the Director, Underwriting and Actuarial, the Assistant Director, Underwriting, REGULAR Groups, will be mainly responsible for completing underwriting upon tendering and renewal and implementation for groups with REGULAR AGA products.
The incumbent is expected to:
- Supervise directly the Regular Group Underwriting team (approximately 6 team members);
- Set and communicate the annual objectives of employees under his/her supervision, track performance on a regular basis and implement a corrective action plan if needed;
- Take part in the development and monitoring of training programs for new employees and continuous training on processes, procedures and tools in use;
- Support team Analysts with the administrative and/or technical analysis of their files;
- Manage the quality, compliance and timeliness of ASSET files upon tendering, renewal and implementation;
- Coordinate, align and contribute to the development of shared tools and processes with the Director, Underwriting and the Assistant Director, Actuarial, to ensure consistency and compliance with organizational standards and objectives;
- Develop, improve and implement the processes, procedures and tools in use in order to optimize team productivity
- Update on an ongoing basis the working documents to ensure they reflect the terms and conditions of insurers and/or suppliers;
- Support business development efforts for Regular groups (less than 25 lives);
- Take part in organizing monthly meetings for the Underwriting Department;
- Provide expertise to solve problem cases;
- Define, implement and track relevant performance indicators;
- As needed, represent the unit on various operational projects and/or internal committees, such as training, IT, etc., and support these committees in executing the projects discussed;
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Very good knowledge of English and French, spoken and written;
- Good interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to negotiate, influence and rally team members, keen political acumen;
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT AGA
- Group insurance, pension plan, employee assistance program and telemedicine service
- Training, development and career advancement opportunities
- Work-life balance, and a wide range of social and physical fitness activities
WHO WE ARE
A leader in the development and administration of custom-made group insurance plans and group pension plans, AGA ranks among Canada’s largest benefit providers. Our clients include small, medium and large businesses as well as financial security and group insurance advisors who offer group plans to their clients. AGA serves more than 2,600 clients across Canada with some 200 employees in our offices located in Montreal, Quebec City, Kitchener, Markham, Edmonton, Calgary, St. John (NB) and Vancouver. A business operating on a human scale, AGA Benefit Solutions provides a vibrant and innovative work environment along with exciting career opportunities.
Submit your application