We are currently looking for a GROUP RETIREMENT PLAN SPECIALIST to join our Kitchener team. If you are dynamic, like to maintain rewarding business relationships and want to work in a fast-growing and stimulating environment, this job is made for you!
Join a Certified Remarkable Employer, that is recognized by its own employees! According to our team, AGA Benefit Solutions is:
- An employer that keeps its commitments to its employees and clients;
- Visionary, dynamic and skilled leaders;
- A friendly and respectful team that is eager to maintain an excellent working atmosphere.
To apply, please fill out the form below and send it with your resume before November 28th, 2022.
OUR JOB OFFER
Reporting to the Retirement Director, the incumbent will be mainly responsible for servicing retirement plan clients, including by presenting governance reports, facilitating sessions for employees, coordinating relationships with partners and providing continuous client service. The selected candidate will also participate in the development of new retirement business.
The incumbent is expected to:
- Pay courtesy visits to the groups under his/her responsibility to maintain a preferred relationship, create lasting business connections with group leaders, and support them with problem solving;
- Pay courtesy visits to partner brokers to maintain a preferred relationship, create lasting business connections and support them with problem solving and new business development;
- Prepare governance reports within the stipulated timeframes, analyze and validate the information, and present the reports to the different group leaders and/or brokers;
- Explain the various retirement plan features to group leaders or insured members during calls, meetings or informational group meetings;
- Participate actively in the development of new retirement business;
- Promote our firm’s proprietary and related products, and seize business opportunities;
- Assist other advisors with their business development and the administrative and/or technical monitoring of their files;
- Coordinate the implementation and registration of new groups along with the transfer of existing groups, and follow up on enquiries.
- Cooperate with partners/insurers by providing all information and forms required upon the establishment, transfer or termination of a group or the sale of a new plan;
- Represent AGA Financial Group at conventions or conferences, participate in training sessions as facilitator or resource, and produce a report on the event;
- Collect market information on methods, products, procedures and other information likely to help AGA Financial Group improve service quality while proposing constructive solutions;
- Participate actively in sales and SWAT meetings;
- Perform any other duties related to the position or delegated by his/her supervisor.
University degree (Bachelor) or equivalent with at least five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in retirement plans;
Must hold a valid license from the FSRA (Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario), licence in other jurisdictions would be an asset.
Very good knowledge of benefits legislation;
Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
Very good knowledge of English and French, spoken and written;
Good interpersonal skills;
Good verbal and written communication skills;
Ability to demonstrate judgment, integrity and honesty;
Ability to protect confidential information;
Professionalism, resourcefulness and ability to work independently;
Requirement to travel frequently and to have a car with a valid driver license.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT AGA
- Competitive base pay and incentive compensation policy;
- Group insurance, pension plan, employee assistance program and telemedicine service;
- Training, development and career advancement opportunities;
- Work-life balance, and a wide range of social and physical fitness activities.
WHO WE ARE
A leader in the development and administration of custom-made group insurance plans and group pension plans, AGA ranks among Canada’s largest benefit providers. Our clients include small, medium and large businesses as well as financial security and group insurance advisors who offer group plans to their clients. AGA serves more than 2,600 clients across Canada with some 200 employees in our offices located in Montreal, Quebec City, Kitchener, Markham, Edmonton, Calgary, St. John (NB) and Vancouver. A business operating on a human scale, AGA Benefit Solutions provides a vibrant and innovative work environment along with exciting career opportunities.
Submit your application