About pension plans
AGA Benefit Solutions also meets your pension plan needs!
AGA has several pension plan experts, as well as many advisors with a dual license (group annuities and group insurance).
Whether you are considering setting up a pension plan or already have one, our experts can help you with a range of high-quality, tailor-made services and customized advice.
SETTING UP A PLAN
Before deciding to offer a pension plan, it is important to properly assess your needs. Several questions must be asked to fully understand your challenges and your situation, such as:
- Is complying with legislation (e.g.: VRSP) your only objective?
- Could a pension plan be an employee attraction or retention factor?
- Do you wish to contribute to the plan?
- Do you want to allow your employees to make withdrawals from the plan?
- Are the investment funds offered an important consideration for you and your employees?
- What level of coaching and education do you wish to offer to your employees?
- Do you have employees outside Quebec?
- Do you have low-wage employees?
Our experts will guide your reflection and help you make all the decisions concerning your pension plan, including:
- Type of plan to be offered (group RRSP, DPSP, RPP, VRSP, etc.)
- Selection of providers
- Contribution and withdrawal rules
- Selection of investment funds
As part of your plan’s implementation, we are also available to introduce the pension plan to your employees. We can prepare memos to employees, organize and facilitate targeted meetings and training, act as a resource, etc. It is crucially important to properly assess your needs and get the advice of a specialist who will guide you in choosing the best plan for you and your employees.
Setting up a pension plan is a major decision for you and your employees. It is equally important to review the plan regularly in order to monitor developments and make any required adjustments.
AGA Benefit Solutions offers a wide range of services, not only when the plan is set up, but also on a yearly basis or when needed.
Our main services are listed below:
- Review fund and market performance
- Monitor plan governance (guidelines)
- Review investment fund offering
- Support or review the plan parameters (contribution rate, vesting rules, etc.)
- Analyse plan competitiveness
- Negotiate fees with providers
- Issue call for tenders from various providers
- Introduce the plan to and train employees
- Communicate with employees
- Act as a resource for employees and employer
- Support any type of request
Contact us for a free assessment of your plan’s competitiveness:
1 800 363-6217 or email@example.com.
Download our Pension plans leaflet.